Sunday 21 June 2015

So far so good

It's been a hard weekend but so far so good - I can do this!
I've spent most of the weekend sleeping but have managed to mow the lawn and do some tidying up outside and have tidied up all of downstairs and cleaned the kitchen. I read an article about positive self talk earlier and am going to try to follow the advice and every time I think something negative about myself I'm going to try and challenge it with a positive thought. I'm not dirty and disgusting - the people that have hurt me are.
I use positive self talk a lot to get myself out of situations and to enable me to do things like shopping when I'm in a panic. After a nightmare I tell myself that I'm safe and no one can hurt me. I often say over and over 'I can do this' It does help. I have never tried to bounce off negative thoughts though and can really see the benefit of doing that - will let you know how it goes.
I've got a busy week coming up that I'm not looking forward to. I need to talk to my GP about supporting me when I'm in a mess and I have a meeting with my CPN.
I'm going on holiday a week on Thursday so have something positive to look forward to - 2 weeks of relaxing with my girls and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment